The 2017 Annual General Meeting & 8th Annual Steaks Are High Wagyu sale is around the corner! Make plans to attend this outstanding annual event, which has become a “not to be missed” Wagyu producer social and networking event in conjunction with the longest-running Wagyu sale in the United States. This is an opportunity to mingle and network with top Wagyu producers from around the United States and particularly from Texas, to receive an update on the past year’s TWA events and activities, participate in electing three new TWA board members as well as participate as a member in the direction of the TWA. This year’s event is shaping up to be the largest and best ever! View the sale online, or bid online worldwide at http://www.superiorclicktobid.com/servlet/Search2.do?auctionId=1681
And we need donations of items for the annual “Cowboy Social” fun auction, held during dinner following the TWA Annual Meeting Of Members, with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the TWA! Contact TWA director Jeri Tulley via email at JTulley@CentralTexasWagyuBeef.com with donations for this important benefit auction. And this year we have three directors rotating off of the TWA board of directors, including Tim Conrad, our current TWA President, Larry Tebben, our current TWA Vice President, and Dennis Kuempel. So be thinking about “throwing your hat in the ring” to run for election to the TWA board of directors or nominating another TWA member that you believe would be both willing and able to contribute to helping the TWA execute its mission of promoting the Wagyu breed.
The TWA has secured hotel room discounts at two hotels near the event:
Holiday Inn Temple – Belton
5247 S. General Bruce Dr.
Temple, TX 76502
Group rate of $110/night.
Bar and restaurant offered in lobby. Breakfast is not included with the stay.
The TWA block of rooms for the Belton hotel will be held until April 10th.
The direct booking link is here: TWA Rate Booking For Holiday Inn Temple
Holiday Inn Express – Salado
1991 N. Stagecoach Road,
Salado, TX 76571
Weekday group rate of $79.99 for a King room and $89.99 for two Queens.
Weekend group rate of $109.99 for King or Queen.
Full hot breakfast provided with room.
The TWA block of rooms for the Salado hotel will be held until April 5th.
***Note that if you choose to book the Salado location under the group rate, the cancellation policy states cancellation must be made 14 days prior to arrival or you will be charged the full fee.
See the event schedule below, as well as in the attached printable PDF file, for the two-day event to be held Friday, April 21st and Saturday, April 22nd.
2017 Annual General Meeting of Members Of The Texas Wagyu Association
8th Annual Steaks Are High Wagyu Sale
Location: Tenroc Ranch Sale Facility, 5471 Thomas Arnold Road, Salado, Texas
Friday April 21, 2017
- 10:00 –Show clinic presentation by Dr. Jason Cleere, Texas A&M University. Cleere is the judge of the Wagyu Show at the Houston Livestock Show and is the coordinator of the TAMU Beef Short Course. , which draws over 1,400 participants each year.
- 12:00 – Hamburger lunch
- 1:00 –AWA Lipid Study update- Dr. Steve Smith. Smith is a Regents Professor in the Meat Sciences Department at Texas A&M University and a noted expert in the growth and development of antipose tissue, particularly in the bovine species and has lead numerous studies investigating lipids.
- 2:00 – Ultrasound demo with Lynn Allen in the cattle barn + mineral program presentation with Tim Smith of Vigortone in the meeting room
- 3:15 – Meet & greet with George Owen, Executive Director of the AWA.
- 3:30 – Annual General Meeting
- 5:00 – Fun Auction
- 5:30 – Fajita dinner/Cowboy social
Saturday April 22, 2017
- 8:00 – Open viewing of animals
- 11:00 – Wagyu brisket lunch
- 12:30 – The 8th Annual Steaks Are High Wagyu sale commences live onsite, with online bidding available at superiorclicktobid.com.